Apply for Student Membership
Application is easy. You have two options:
- Join online – it's simple and free for engineering students; or
- Complete an Application Form - Grade of Student (PDF - 105kb)
To qualify for student membership, you must be studying an accredited or recognised Australian course in engineering. They can be either:
- a two-year Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree in Engineering program
- a three-year Bachelor of Engineering Technology/Science program
- a four-year Bachelor of Engineering program
- a two-cycle Bachelor + Master in Engineering program (3 year + 2 year program or integrated BE/ME 5 year program)
- a Conversion Master of Engineering program
Recently filled in a hard-copy application form during O-Week or at another event? We're currently processing the influx of Student Membership applications and you will hear from us within 4 weeks of submitting your form. Want your membership now? Join online today!
Important Notes about Student Membership
Please visit Managing Your Membership page for important notes in regard to managing your Student membership.
If you are a postgraduate engineering student, you may be eligible to join as a graduate member. Full time postgraduate students may also be eligible for a postgraduate concession on membership fees.
To apply for a concession, please complete the normal graduate application form and, in the payment section, make a note that you wish to apply for a concession. Engineers Australia will then contact you to advise you of your login details which will enable you to apply for a concession using our online application system.
Diploma students are not eligible to apply for student membership. However, all young engineers are welcome to attend any of the member events listed on our website – they are a great way to further your engineering career. Please note that for free member events, a small non-member fee may be charged to cover refreshments and materials. Many of our events are available free online via video streaming.
If you have any questions please contact the Member Services Team.