They work hard to inspire the next generation of engineers, maintain our professional standards, educate the profession and provide industry and government with the thought leadership needed to meet challenges as we step into the future.
We currently have 2000 active volunteers across various elected positions around Australia and the world all working to advance the science and practice of engineering for the benefit of the community. In 2019, during our Centenary year, our volunteers contributed over 117,000 hours on a range of projects and activities, like:
- Supporting the profession by engaging with industry, government, academia, media, and the wider community
- Identifying and providing advice on issues in regional areas
- Engaging and inspiring students and young engineers
- Promoting diversity and inclusion in the profession
- Organising Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and networking events
Many members tell us volunteering for Engineers Australia and giving back to the profession is a rewarding experience, personally and professionally. You can read about their contributions and their volunteering stories on our Centenary Celebration website.
If you are interested in volunteering for Engineers Australia, please download the Volunteer Handbook for more information on the types of positions available and contact your local EA Division for available positions.