Institute of Industrial Engineers Australia (IIEA)
Industrial Engineering(IE) is concerned with the analysis, design, improvement, installation and management of integrated systems of human resources, finances, materials, equipment, energy and information and the synergy between them undertaking these processes as safely as possible with minimum impact on the environment.
It draws upon specialised knowledge and skills in the mathematical, physical, physiological, social and computer sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design to specify, predict and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems and measure achievement.
Industrial Engineering is that aspect of Engineering devoted to getting the best results from available resources, provided always that quality and human satisfaction are met.
Various analysis tools of Industrial Engineering include:-
- Time and Motion Study/Method Study/Just In Time(JIT)
- Game Theory(Consensus Decision Making)
- Operations Research Techniques
- Critical Path Analysis
- Optimal Data Analysation
- Inventory Control
- Systems Engineering
- Continuous Improvement Methods/Lean Manufacturing(6 Sigma)/Agile managementKanban
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle(UAV) Solutions
- 3D Printing/Additive manufacturing solutions
- Circular Manufacturing-optimal impact on the environment
Click here to visit the IIEA website.
Click here to join the IIEA today