Join the team that changes the world
Engineers Australia is more than just a membership. As engineers, you have the power to change things - in building a sustainable future, solving the unsolvable and creating a better world. As we all know, it’s easier to change things when we work as a team.
We are the trusted voice of the engineering profession, delivering training, support, accreditation and representation to engineers across the globe.
When you join the EA team, you have access to:
- Events and forums where you can learn from the best.
- Professional development opportunities that go beyond technical knowledge.
- Awards programs that highlight your accomplishments.
- Support and professional benchmarking to move your career forward.
- Advocacy that shapes the next generation of engineers.
- Exclusive rewards, savings and discounts through our partners.
EA members also have access to an industry-leading suite of online resources, training and connections. Here’s just a few:
- EA Xchange - a secure, online community for EA members to collaborate and network.
- EA On Demand and CPD Online - Hundreds of hours of pre-recorded video training, plus live webinars and online events, to help you become a better engineer without having to leave your chair.
- Engineering Heroes podcast - diving deep into the wealth of knowledge that our members have to share.
- create magazine - our thought leadership magazine with contributions from all disciplines of engineering, furthering innovation and sparking creativity.
Membership with us is recognised worldwide, opening doors for you to make change anywhere your career takes you. No matter your career stage, we support you to be the best engineer you can be.
Become a member and enjoy all the benefits!
Connection to a professional community
Join 100,000 like-minded members from all engineering disciplines. Becoming part of the Engineers Australia family gives you access to a vast network of potential friends, colleagues and mentors, both in-person and online.
World-leading technical resources
Members can access world-leading databases Ei Compendex and Knovel at no extra cost, and all online.
These otherwise require significant investment and are out of reach for all but the largest engineering employers. You’re also entitled to access our range of technical journals, conference proceedings and more at no added cost.
Global mobility and recognition
Access global and regional engineering registers – and earn credentials which are globally recognised and independently benchmarked.
Chartered and NER
Let opportunities find you by joining the searchable National Engineering Register or our register of board candidates. Get Chartered in your areas of expertise.
We also recognise professional leadership via Fellow status and our invitation-only EngExec credential.
Networking and training events
Training and CPD available when it suits you. Discounted or free entry to over 1,000 professional development activities and around 15 national conferences across all areas of engineering each year. Our many technical societies, cross-disciplinary communities of practice and technical societies mean there’s a group to suit almost all interests – and you can find people who share your passions through in-person and online events.
Develop and grow your leadership skills or share your expertise by joining Engineers Australia’s 2,000+ volunteers. Volunteers help shape technical standards, engage with the engineers of tomorrow, inform policy submissions, create events, provide professional development and more.
Find mentors or mentees and gain knowledge from senior engineers in your field – or share the benefits of your experience with others.
Engineers Australia ensures members’ interests are represented and voiced to government through ongoing advocacy activities and media engagement. Keep up-to-date with news and advancements from the engineering industry through our online newsroom , media releases, and tweets.
The award-winning monthly member magazine for engineering professionals, making sure you’re kept up to date.
Peers and employers instantly recognise your commitment to the profession and personal development.
Exclusive member rewards
Unlock the full value of your membership. Engineers Australia members receive exclusive offers and discounts to support your business, professional and personal lives; from respected organisations such as Avis and OzForex.