Chemical engineering is a branch of engineering sometimes called ‘manufacturing’ or ‘process’ engineering. It’s a very broad field which produces, transforms and transports materials at lab level through to large scale production.
Chemical engineering impacts every part of our life. The water we drink, materials for clothes, fuel, plastic, metals, pharmaceuticals and waste disposal. Chemical engineers work in all these industries and more.
Chemical engineering is also an integral part of the response to climate change, through developing and implementing renewable, sustainable technologies and embedding the circular economy.
The Chemical College represents EA members working in chemical engineering roles around Australia.
Our role is to:
- Maintain, develop and promote the chemical engineering body of knowledge.
- Develop and audit accreditation standards for tertiary degrees and chartered status.
- Provide expert advice for continuing professional development (CPD) in the field of chemical engineering.
- Contribute to national and international standards and policies relevant to the field.
The Chemical College is run by a board of elected representatives. Board and Advisory Board members for 2022 are:
- Grant Scott FIEAust CPEng EngExec – Chair
- Keith Sharp FIEAust CPEng EngExec – Deputy Chair
- Daniel Edge FIEAust CPEng NER
- Katherine McDonald MIEAust
- Kirsty Johns FIEAust CPEng EngExec
- Marlene Kanga AM Hon.FIEAust Hon.FIChemE, FTSE
- Robin Batterham AO FREng FAA FTSE
- Christine Ehlig-Economides
- Veena Sahajwalla FAA FTSE HonFIEAust CPEng
- Liza Maimone FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
We have branches in every state and territory in Australia that deliver CPD to Engineers Australia members and guests with online and in-person training and events.
Visit our Learning and events page to see a full list of available CPD opportunities