Northern Regional Forum
Engineering the North: 100 Years of Developing our Communities
Join engineers from across Northern Queensland for a day of technical development and open learning for the 2019 instalment of the Northern Regional Forum.
Held in Mackay’s CQ University, you’ll experience a showcase of local projects and concepts as presented by the professionals who are working to deliver them.
2019’s Northern Regional Forum has adopted the theme Engineering the North in recognition of the vast variety of developments happening across the communities that make up North Queensland.
From infrastructure and roads to renewable energy, new-build projects and effective waste management, the program is set to cover a number of the engineering profession’s cornerstones.
The day’s proceedings will feature dedicated networking time with a social function and refreshments to conclude the night.
Presentations will include:
- Mackay Ring Road Stage 1 and Sarina Range project updates - Department of Transport and Main Roads (speaker TBC)
- CQ University Sports Precint - Mackay Regional Council (speaker TBC)
- The Professional Engineers Act: Past, Present and Future - Board of Professional Engineers, Dawson Wilkie FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
- North Queensland Stadium: project challenges - Arup (speaker TBC)
- Heavy Lift Studies - Field Engineering, David Hartigan FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus), General Manager
- Mates looking out for mates: How peer based support programs help improve mental health and suicide rates in the Construction, Mining and Energy Sectors - Clare Murray, General Manager, Mates in Mining
Additional speakers and topics are coming soon.
Accommodation options for attendees travelling to Mackay for the Northern Regional Forum will be announced shortly.
8.00am for 8.30am start. Forum concludes with afternoon tea at 3.00pm
3.45pm - 5.45pm
5.45pm - 7.15pm
Timings are subject to change
The 2019 Northern Regional Forum is proudly supported by:
- Member Rate: $100.00 ($90.91 excl. GST)
- Guest of Member: $100.00 ($90.91 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $60.00 ($54.55 excl. GST)
- Guest of Student Member: $60.00 ($54.55 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $130.00 ($118.18 excl. GST)
- Guest of Non Member: $130.00 ($118.18 excl. GST)
1300 653 113