End of life rubber tyres from vehicles have long been a problem around the world. They are stockpiled, buried or illegally dumped and pose significant environmental and safety risks, and only a small percentage of tyres are being recycled.
The University of South Australia has been working on various ways to recycle more rubber tyres. They will present their current research into rubberised concrete for use in suspended composite floor slabs and footings, rubber uses in pavement materials as well as novel ideas like
rubberised light weight foam concrete for infilling profiled steel composite walls.
The following speakers will present their research, before attendees are led on a tour of the laboratory where this research is carried out:
• Professor Yan Zhuge, Structural Professor
• Dr Osama Youssf, Structural Research Associate
• Dr Rajibul Karim, Geotechnical Lecturer
• Mr Mark Ellis, Structural Lecturer
• Ms Ou Yi, PhD Student
• Mr Essam Eltayeb, PhD Student
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Society Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113