Explore the concepts of heavy haul train dynamics, their successes, innovations and future progressions.
Heavy haul railways are one of the great success stories of the railway industry. There is no match for the scale and transportation capability of these systems for overland transport. Their owners continue to push new limits of materials, rollingstock components, track structures and train controls to achieve both optimised and consistent railway operations.
The webinar will present and discuss:
- Factors that drive the heavy haul success story
- Characteristics of Heavy Haul Systems
- A Longitudinal Dynamics Perspective
- Frontiers for the Future
Professor Colin Cole MIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus) | Director – Centre for Railway Engineering, CQUniversity
Colin has worked in railway research for 25 years and published over 150 technical papers and numerous reports working mainly in train dynamics and condition monitoring. Colin is the current chair of the RTSA Queensland Chapter Committee.
Supported by the Railway Technical Society of Australasia (RTSA)
- EA Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113