Want a chance to present your undergraduate research topic in front of Industry Leaders and win prize money? Then it's time to start preparing your 3 minute presentation!
Undergraduate Project Presentation (UPP) is a fun, fast and exciting competition that gives students the opportunity to present their projects to a variety of Industry leaders and peers who’ll be in attendance online. It’s also a great way to show your work to potential future employers!
UPP is open to all 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th year engineering students from ANU, UC and UNSW. Students will be allotted 3 minutes to present on a research topic they’ve undertaken, followed by questions from the judging panel. Numbers are limited so a shortlist may need to be selected. The order of presentations will be decided by ballot in advance of the event.
Industry, friends, family and supporters welcome to register to watch the presentations. There will be a live poll at the end of the presentation to select the audience favourite.
Presenter nominations close 24 August.
- $500 for first place
- $250 for second place
- $125 for third place
- $125 for audience favourite
- UPP is open to ANU, UC and UNSW engineering students in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th year (1st year students not eligible).
- You must be a full time student.
- Students will submit a 200-400 word synopsis of their presentation prior to being selected.
- Presentations will be pre-recorded.
- Selected students will give a Powerpoint presentation on their thesis or a research topic they’ve undertaken.
- Presentations will be a minimum of 2.5 minutes, and maximum of 3 minutes (not including questions).
- Judges will ask each presenter 2 questions. Responses to each question will be no longer than 1 minute.
- There will be a maximum of 10 presentations so a shortlist may need to be selected. Selection will be based on synopsis. Further information may be sought if necessary.
- Nominations close 24 August
- Successful nominees will be notified by 28 August
- Judges decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Non Members: