An Engineering Education Australia webinar:
Designing utility scale solar projects is a complex and lengthy process which requires careful planning and management of a variety of different processes and stakeholders.
This webinar will provide you with an introduction into utility scale solar power system design, including:
- Differences between utility scale solar systems and smaller scale projects;
- Technical fundamentals, including factors that affect the selection of PV modules, inverters and mounting systems; and
- Main challenges associated with developing utility scale solar systems.
Using case studies, we will look into challenges experienced during the development, operation and maintenance of utility scale solar projects.
You will learn how site selection and financial requirements impact system design and component selection, and understand why these projects can be so complex.
- Grid-connection process for utility scale solar systems
- Site selection considerations and financial drivers
- Selection of PV modules, inverters and mounting systems (fixed tilt vs. tracking systems).
- How component selection is influenced by financial drivers
- How site selection, component selection and overall system design interrelate with each other
- Overview of challenges throughout the design process such as common installation mistakes, grid congestion, and operation and maintenance considerations
Is this course for you?
This webinar provides an introduction to utility scale solar systems. It is ideal for electrical, mechanical, civil and environmental engineers who have a basic understanding of solar power systems and want to understand the design considerations required for larger scale solar systems.
Prerequisites: Participants have a basic understanding of solar power and the components associated with solar power systems.
Webinar platform - Zoom
These sessions run through Zoom. Once you register for a webinar, you will receive the unique Zoom link 24 hours before the webinar is scheduled to begin.
We suggest that you download the Zoom Desktop Client to ensure you can fully participate in the webinar. If you view the webinar through the Zoom web browser or via a phone or tablet device you may not be able to participate in the interactive elements such as answering polling questions.
Please read through the following information on Zoom to ensure you are prepared for the webinar:
- Non Members:
Engineering Education Australia
03 9321 1700