Systems integration in software-intensive transport (railway/roads) projects – the journey from tender through to operations, focusing on Train and Road Control and Diagnostic Systems.
The presentation will discuss key steps of the project lifecycle including:
- Operators preparing for IoT 4.0 and the integration of the cloud;
- The challenges of integrating the brownfield and greenfield;
- The challenges of managing a variety of systems and the pursuit of consolidation;
- The use of multi input diagnostics;
- The use of Commercial-off-the-Shelf equipment and the risks and additional management associated with its use (including upfront costs, chances for savings later in the lifecycle especially if using COTS)
- Maintenance considerations (training, level 3 support, etc); and
- Training – being proactive
Key takeaways from the presentation include:
- Compleity is not purely technical, and everyone involved plays a role
- Avoiding complexity can be as a careful consideration on integration
- Software integration is complex and has characteristics which require considerations
Yash Mehta | Systems Lead and Signalling Engineer | Quantum Rail
Yash has worked as a Systems Engineer in Roads (Transurban) and Rail (Quantum Rail, Siemens, GHD) working on major projects including the:
- Cranbourne/Pakenham Line Signalling Upgrade – integrating the new train control and signalling system and architecting a new remote diagnostic system to monitor the whole corridor.
- City – Tulla Widening - delivering the ITS system, including a new freeway management and digital surveillance system with automatic incident detection.
- West Gate Tunnel - developing tender documentation and evaluating tenders for the ITS and rail components of the project;
In addition to the above, other relevant experience includes experience in satellite communications for diagnostics in remote areas and delivering cloud based diagnostic platforms to enable predictive maintenance.
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Student: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113