The Australian and South Australian Governments jointly funded the $141 million Flinders Link Project, which delivered an extension to the existing Tonsley rail line to the Flinders Medical Centre, creating new connections to the health, innovation and education precincts. The project encompassed:
- A 650-metre extension to the existing Tonsley rail line, including an elevated single track over Sturt Road, Laffers Triangle and Main South Road, linking Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University to the passenger rail network;
- Construction of the new Flinders and Tonsley Railway Stations; and,
- An integrated shared pedestrian/cycle path adjacent the rail line from the new ramp located at the corner of Sturt Road and Birch Crescent to the new Flinders Station.
The new Flinders train line and new Tonsley and Flinders Railway Stations have opened for passenger services as of Tuesday 29 December 2020, and are now operating under an enhanced timetable, developed after extensive consultation.
The RTSA welcomes all RTSA members and non-members to to take-part in a site walk and discussions about the Flinders Link Project, delivered by Brent Eddy, Gateway South Design Manager. Parking is available on site, and numbers will be strictly limited so register early!
If you would like to attend, please email [email protected]
- Non Members:
- EA Members and RTSA Members: $.00 ($.00 excl. GST)
- Non-members: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113