Please note: This virtual workshop has sold out. Registrations are now open for the workshop commencing on Tuesday 27 April.
An Engineering Education Australia Virtual Workshop:
As businesses become more competitive and complex, and engineers move into project or leadership roles, financial know-how is increasingly more important. Engineers need to understand the ‘big picture’ of financial performance, the key levers for influencing financial results, and the consequences of their decisions.
This workshop helps participants to be more effective in interpreting financial priorities, using the language of finance, communicating with financial people, incorporating financial principles in decision making, and managing financial resources.
The workshop includes a combination of virtual (live online via zoom) sessions and self-paced learning, providing participants with more content than what can be easily covered in the standard program.
After completing the course, you’ll be able to:
- define and use financial terminology correctly
- understand balance sheets and income statements
- recognise the critical importance of cashflow
- manage resources more effectively
- evaluate financial issues and performance
- understand the interrelationship of key financial variables and metrics
- make better decisions by taking financial measures and outcomes into account
- influence financial productivity.
- Easily make sense of balance sheets and income statements
- Understand essential financial concepts and terminology
- Understand the interrelationship of key financial variables and metrics
- Understand how managers can and do influence financial performance
- Gain an executive perspective on the financial drivers of a business
Organisational and interpersonal skills:
- Consider your organisation’s financial goals and priorities
- Gain confidence in communicating with senior managers, executives and finance staff
- Learn how to ask pertinent questions about financial issues and performance
- Be able to justify proposals and projects from a financial perspective
- Improved decision-making through consideration of multiple effects on financial performance
Is this course for you?
This course suits engineers and project managers who seek to gain a strong understanding of the fundamentals of finance from an executive perspective. Prior knowledge of accounting and finance is not required.
Engineering Education Australia's Virtual Workshops
A Virtual Workshop is a structured live online classroom style delivery method for training and professional development. For the optimal online learning experience, Virtual Workshops are interactive and use tools such as break out rooms for discussions, activities based on practical case studies and two-way communication.
This workshop will be delivered on 13, 16 and 20 April between 9am – 11.30am AEST, with a check in session on 11 May, 9am – 10.30am AEST.
Please note: To ensure the optimal learning experience, capacity is strictly limited to 16 participants - register early to avoid disappointment.
- Non Members:
Engineering Education Australia
03 9321 1700