An EEA Online training course - join anytime and work through at your own pace. This means you can register before or after 28 May 2021.
Engineers can no longer rely on traditional methods to deliver complex projects. Across all industries we are seeing increasing complexity due to:
- rapid shifts in technology
- availability of information
- scarce resources
- the evolving connection between humans and machines.
Organisations / engineering teams are fast adopting systems engineering practices to respond to this fluid and fast changing environment.
In this self-paced course, you’ll learn how a systems engineering approach can help you understand and manage complexity and risk. You'll learn:
- the concepts and principles that underpin the engineering of systems
- the benefits of applying systems engineering to projects
- how to bring all the working parts together to manage complex projects
- tools, techniques and methods for creating secure systems capabilities
- the importance of a 'whole-of-life’ view of the engineering of systems
At the end of the course, you'll have the knowledge to make better engineering decisions when managing complex projects with many contributors. You'll also have the skills to contribute to systems engineering capability in your workplace.
How you’ll learn
This course is delivered through EEA Online, Engineering Education Australia’s new digital learning platform.
You'll learn using a mix of practical case studies, quizzes and reading, audio and video materials. You'll also apply your knowledge in practice with a variety of assessment tasks.
It will take approximately 8 hours to complete.
As it is self-paced, you can start anytime and save your progress as you finish each module.
Once you start the course, you have 90 days to complete it.
- Describe the principles of systems engineering
- Compare complexity theory and systems thinking
- Identify conceptual tools to work with complex systems
Is this course for you?
This course suits engineers and related professionals with 5 to 10 years' experience.
It's relevant across all industries, sectors and disciplines.
- Non Members:
Engineering Education Australia
03 9321 1700