An Engineering Education Australia Virtual Workshop:
A large part of leadership is coaching and engaging others. Your leadership style directly affects your team's culture, engagement and performance. Learn how to become an effective and confident leader who will inspire your team.
In this course, you'll cover practical solutions for leading and managing people in a diverse workplace. You will gain a clear understanding of the difference between leadership and management and how you can show up as a leader.
You'll acquire best-practice strategies for improving your team's performance, including motivating your staff, providing actionable feedback and improvement guidance.
Using the GROW coaching model, you'll get the chance to practise effective coaching skills in a safe environment.
By the end of the course, you will have gained new coaching skills, acquired two different feedback techniques, and you will be more confident guiding your team to success.
- The differences between leadership and management
- The impact of a leader on a team's culture, and how to take responsibility for the impact your leadership has on others
- How to become more confident as a leader, not just a manager
- Core leadership practices, including engagement, giving feedback, coaching and developing others
- Coaching skills
- Feedback skills using the proven models, and how to adapt feedback for specific situations
Is this course for you?
This course is suitable for new and experienced frontline and mid-level managers who want to improve their interactions with staff, management, clients and colleagues.
Engineering Education Australia's Virtual Workshops
A Virtual Workshop is a structured live online classroom-style delivery method for training and professional development. For the optimal online learning experience, Virtual Workshops are interactive and use tools such as break-out rooms for discussions, activities based on practical case studies, and two-way communication.
- Non Members:
Engineering Education Australia
03 9321 1700