This webinar will explore the Best Practice Tool (BPT) that was used on Heathrow and the associated culture change program which triggered significant program and budget improvements compared to their previous capital works program.
This ‘Easy to Use’ tool created from global experience-based guidance on quality best practices helps leaders and teams ensure construction success and asset sustainability.
Since its inception on Heathrow the BPT has been further expanded by an array of international Quality in Design specialists and is currently supported by the UK Association of Design Management, the Chartered Quality Institute and the UK Get It Right Initiative.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
- the latest international research on causes/costs of design error
- how to start a design culture shift to address these challenges
- apply the key steps to effectively use the BPT to any construction design project
- finetune your own company ‘Quality in Design’ processes based on the BPT.
- free ongoing access to an easy to use/time efficient tool to better measure, control and monitor the quality of design in early project stages
- become a part of an international ‘Quality in Design’ community which is continually upgrading and fine-tuning the BPT and challenging best practice
- gain insight into what other international construction experts are doing to drive quality in construction design to ‘Get It Right’ more often.
Head of Programme Assurance, Restoration and Renewal Delivery Authority Ltd - Houses of Parliament, UK
During her previous role as a Quality Manager at Heathrow Airport, Helen developed the initial idea of the Best Practise design tool to be presented the EA webinar.
She is a Board member of “The Get It Right Initiative”, a group of construction industry experts dedicated to eliminating error and improving the UK construction industry.
Senior Associate, UK Shirley Parsons Project Services
David is a programme manager and construction quality management expert with experience and skills in construction and automotive. A qualified mechanical engineer with extensive experience in change management and developing and leading large high performing teams. His significant achievements include the delivery of complex, high value (£300M+) programs in both the automotive and construction industries and construction quality management strategy and delivery covering process definition, assurance and auditing.
Quality Assurance Manager, Austin Transit Partnership, USA
Anita is a consummate quality professional dedicating the last 20 years of her esteemed career as a Subject Matter Expert advocating for corporate-level quality programs for Federally Funded transit projects valuing $1 Billion or greater. Anita has lent her experience in quality to the Federal Transit Administration as a Project Management Oversight Consultant and as a quality consultant for contractors and various transit agencies across the United States.
Anita is currently the Director of Quality for Austin Transit Partnership - formed under a joint-powers agreement – between the local transit agency and the City of Austin, TX - working wonders by bringing the experiences in her years of cultivating Quality Programs from conception, development and the nearly impossible task of implementation to an estimated $10 Billion Program including Light Rail Transit, Bus Rapid Transit, Vehicle Procurement, and Combined Maintenance Facility Construction.
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113