Are you a migrant living in Australia looking to improve your chances of getting a job and helping to fill critical skills shortages?
You may be eligible for a free and fast-tracked skills assessment if you are on a permanent family, partner, humanitarian or refugee visa, and have skills or qualifications in engineering.
Engineers Australia is providing free, fast-tracked skills assessments to eligible applicants as part of an Australian Government incentive running from 28 February 2022 to 30 June 2023.
You may be eligible if you:
- Have been granted a family, partner, refugee or humanitarian visa since 1 January 2016 and currently live in Australia.
- Have qualifications or skills in a priority occupation and have not yet had a formal skills assessment from Engineers Australia or any other assessing authority.
Once we have confirmed your eligibility, you’ll be invited to apply for a free assessment. Make sure you save the application URL so that you can come back to it once you’re ready to apply.
Before you start your application, gather all the documents you’ll need and read the detailed information about how to prepare your skills assessment application.
You may be exempted from English language requirements that form part of the application if you:
- are a citizen of and hold a valid passport issued by New Zealand, the US, the UK, Ireland or Canada
- have successfully completed an undergraduate engineering qualification, a masters, or PhD from a country where the official language is English
- have worked in engineering in Australia and your engineering employer has provided a statement on company letterhead that you are competent in English.
Once you have applied we’ll assess your application, and if no further information is required, provide you an outcome via email within 15 business days.
Your successful assessment outcome can be used to improve your employment options in your nominated occupation, through improved employer confidence that you have the skills necessary for working in an Australian workplace.
You can also use your outcome to fulfil the competency assessment requirement of your Engineers Australia membership application.