The Canberra Division serves the engineering community in the ACT and surrounding areas and is led collaboratively by a Division Manager and a Division Committee comprising local volunteer members.
Local staff deliver on Engineers Australia’s strategic agenda including:
- Supporting and initiating educational STEM programs and groups, engaging with careers advisors in high schools to broaden discussions around engineering, and shaping policy in the STEM area; contributing to the ACT’s energy policy; and, supporting the National Engineering Register.
- Facilitating technical presentations, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) sessions and workshops.
- Policy launch events, engineering heritage endeavours, formally acknowledging / recognising engineers who have served the profession and attained, Chartered, Fellow and EngExec, and recognising and rewarding outstanding local individual engineers and projects through our prestigious Awards Program.
Engineers Australia members benefit from access to world-class CPD and technical resources; career services; the recognition they receive on the National Engineering Register and via Chartered status; valuable networking opportunities; global mobility through our International Accords; entry into our Awards Program; leadership and advocacy opportunities; management and leadership achievements being recognised through the Engineering Executive (EngExec) postnominal; and, access to an exclusive Member Rewards program among other benefits.
Start your membership today and enjoy the benefits of being part of a global engineering community.
COVID-19 Safe Workplan
The health and safety of our members, guests and staff is our highest priority. A range of measures will be implemented in line with and in addition to Government WHS regulations and COVID-19 policy. To find out more about the entry conditions for the Canberra office, please read the Canberra Office COVID-19 Safe Workplan.
Member Engagement Coordinator
The functions of a Division Committee are to:
- Provide leadership and direction to members in the Division.
- Liaise with Colleges and technical societies in respect of Engineers Australia’s learned society functions.
- Assist the Board with the delivery of national programs.
- Initiate and support local programs to provide improved services to members in the Division and to appeal to new members .
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Board on matters relating to its role within the Division.
- Facilitate communication between Division members and the Board.
- Represent Engineers Australia in public forums and media opportunities.
- Engage in high level consultation with the Division General Manager on the resourcing of Division activities.
- Provide or arrange programs to engage the local community and promote the profession of engineering practice.
The current Canberra Division Committee consists of the following members:
Kevin Earle, FIEAust CPEng NER EngExec APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Dr. Therese Flapper, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Immediate Past President, Congress Delegate
Nick Clarke, CSC TFIEAust CEngT NER EngExec
Brad Armstrong, AFIEAust CEngA EngExec NER IntETn(Aus)
Jeff Bollard, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPe(Aus)
Dr. Darius Danesh, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPe(Aus)
Dr. Catherine Galvin, FIEAust
Kelly Lance, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Annie Lane, MIEAust CPEng
Andrew McGeehan, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Alicia Sadleir, MIEAust CPEng NER
George Tomlins, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Alan Thompson, HonFIEAust CPEng EngExec
Phil Willis, FIEAust CPEng (Ret)
Engineers Australia's groups, Colleges and Technical Societies play an integral role in setting the professional standards and providing continuing professional development (CPD) for all members from the full range of engineering occupations and career stages.
As knowledge sharing platforms, these groups provide the opportunity for engineers to give back to, become involved in, and connect with their local engineering community.
Find out more about Engineers Australia's Communities and Groups that includes Colleges, Technical Societies, Special Interest Groups, National Committees Communities of Practice, Awards, Focus Lecture Series, Standards Australia, Publications.
Engineers Australia plays an important role in recognising and celebrating engineering excellence and the contribution engineering makes to our communities. Our Award Programs identify, recognise and reward outstanding achievement, eminence in the practice of engineering and conspicuous service to the profession.
Engineers Australia offers a range of national awards, medals and scholarships, which highlight contributions to various areas of engineering.
STEM in a box - Engineering Games
Engineers Australia has been running Engineering Games (EG) in Canberra for 30 years now. During this time, EG has evolved to suit the needs of the students and schools.
Engineers Australia is currently working on a program to bring EG to your school. This will mean that all students will have the opportunity to be involved and the school can choose a date and time of year that works best for them. Planning is still in progress, more information will be sent out as details are finalised.
Schools wishing to hold their own EG will receive a STEM in a box kit from us, providing them with all the information needed to host EG within their school. The school will coordinate with us to book an Engineer(s) to come out to the school to do the judging and engage with the students about all things Engineering.
We hope by changing the format of EG, it will be more accessible to schools who haven’t previously been able to participate.
We look forward to providing you with the resources, information and an engineering judge to host your own EG. Your students can compete in engineering challenges in a fun, safe and inclusive environment within their own school.
11 National Circuit
Barton ACT 2600
Phone and Email
Phone: Toll Free 1300 653 113
Fax: +61 2 6273 2051
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Should you wish to speak directly with a staff member, please call the toll free number above and ask for them by name.