Transport Australia (TAs) is a technical society that provides leadership, professional development and networking opportunities for transport professionals in Australia. We also provide expert input to government on transport policy, reform and infrastructure investment.
TAs has been in operation in some form since 1975 and exists as a focused community of practice for transport professionals. Our members have access to a series of webinars and events throughout the year which are run online or in person in various states.
In seeking to improve national wellbeing, productivity and sustainability by influencing transport decisions, we’ve identified six key focus areas:
- Transport in Australia’s cities.
- Game-changing technologies.
- Maintaining and improving international competitiveness.
- Identifying and allocating costs and benefits.
- Sustainable transport systems.
- Safety and security.
You can learn more about these issues in our key issues document which is available on our EA Exchange site.
With branches in ACT, Qld, NSW, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and WA and more than 100,000 members, TAs has the resources and reach of a large organisation. We also have more than 20 corporate member organisations around Australia.
Current national executive members are:
- Shalendra Ram FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER (QLD) – Chair
- Scott Elaurant MIEAust CPEng NER (SA) - Deputy Chair
- Flori Mihai FIEAust (WA) - Treasurer
- David Lowe FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER (NSW)
- David Hayward MIEAust (QLD)
- Jerome Catbagan FIEAust CPEng NER (ACT)
- Peter Wills (VIC)
- Mark Johnston (TAS)
- Ali Rajabipour MIEAust CPEng NER (NT)
- Barry Moore FIEAust CPEng NER (WA)
- Scott Martin (Aviation Working Group)
- Madison Elliott (Student Membership Working Group)
- Chris Baker (Rail Working Group)
Anyone with an interest in transport issues can join Transport Australia. You’ll receive our regular newsletter and access to a program of events and activities. Membership costs $66 including GST per year.
To join, login or create an account in the EA member portal. Once you’re logged in, click on the products and services tab then click Join on the Technical Society Membership tile and follow the prompts.
Corporate membership is also available to organisations for $550 including GST per year. If you’d like to apply for corporate membership, email us for further information.
Join EA Exchange to view our constitution, executive plan, key issues document, newsletters, discussion papers and all webinar, conference and event materials. You can also network with other technical society members on this interactive forum.