Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce improves staff engagement, enhances decision-making and can improve business outcomes and profitability.
At Engineers Australia we champion an engineering profession that’s as diverse as the community it serves. As the peak body for Australian engineers, we’re committed to leading the way on diversity and inclusion across the profession.
As an employer, our people are at the heart of what we do and how we do it and we’re continuing to build a culture that we can all be proud of.
We invest in diversity, inclusion and belonging and invite our people to bring their whole selves to work.
Our positioning statement
Engineers Australia’s Diversity and Inclusion Positioning Statement (PDF 1MB) defines and sets out what these terms mean in a modern workforce.
Our positioning statement is guided by the organisation’s strategic goals to be the trusted voice of the profession, create tomorrow’s engineers and provide them with a professional home for life.
How we meet our commitments
Our positioning statement also outlines how we will meet our diversity and inclusion commitments, including:
- Promoting gender diversity through participation in the Champions of Change Coalition (formerly Male Champions of Change) STEM Group and diverse representation on industry speaking panels.
- An ongoing focus on gender balance and female membership through the national Women in Engineering committee.
- Promoting diversity and inclusion best practice as an active member of the Diversity Council.
- Further developing our Indigenous Engineers Group (IEG) activities and membership through the College of Leadership and Management.
- Promoting our LGBTQI+ activities as an active member of Pride in Diversity.
- Creating an InterEngineer community to support our LGBTQI+ engineers.
- Working in partnership with allied bodies to assist our members and the engineering community to achieve their diversity goals.