There are many benefits to Graduate membership.
Graduating as a fully-qualified engineer is a huge accomplishment and is the start of the next phase of your life. Joining Engineers Australia as a Graduate member is the ideal way to get your new career off to the best start.
Even if you're currently a Student member, to be eligible for Graduate membership you need to have:
- completed an accredited or recognised Australian engineering qualification or
- have passed an Engineers Australia competency assessment for membership or a migration skills assessment.
If you’re studying a postgraduate engineering course, you may also be eligible to join as a Graduate member and receive a concession on membership fees. Contact our member services team to find out more.
How to apply
To apply, you’ll need to create an account in our member portal . You’ll also need the following documents:
- primary piece of identification, such as a passport photo page, current driver licence or copy of your birth certificate
- degree certificate (testamur) or Letter of Completion if you haven’t yet received your award
- academic transcript.
If you’re already a Student member with Engineers Australia, you can login to your account and follow the steps to upgrade to Graduate membership.
If you don’t need a competency assessment, membership applications take about three business days to process. You’ll receive an email when your application has been processed.
When you receive the acceptance email, login to your account on the member portal.
Your acceptance as a Graduate member gives you the opportunity to start your career with prestigious post-nominals that add to your credibility. Depending on your occupational category, you’ll gain one of the following post-nominals:
- Associate Graduate (GradAIEAust)
- Technologist Graduate (GradTIEAust)
- Graduate (GradIEAust).
Membership application fees vary depending on whether you need a competency assessment. If you do need a competency assessment to join as a Graduate member, the assessment fee is waived for the first two years after you’ve graduated.
You’ll also enjoy discounted membership fees for the first three years after graduation.
Use our fee calculator to estimate your fee.