The Queensland Division within the Brisbane office serves the engineering community in Queensland and is led collaboratively by a General Manager and a Division Committee comprising local volunteer members.
Local staff deliver on Engineers Australia’s strategic agenda including:
- Supporting and initiating educational STEM programs and groups, engaging with careers advisors in high schools to broaden discussions around engineering, and shaping policy in the STEM area and, supporting the National Engineering Register.
- Facilitating technical presentations, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) sessions and workshops.
- Policy launch events, engineering heritage endeavours, formally acknowledging / recognising engineers who have served the profession and attained, Chartered, Fellow and EngExec, and recognising and rewarding outstanding local individual engineers and projects through our prestigious Awards Program.
Engineers Australia members benefit from access to world-class CPD and technical resources; career services; the recognition they receive on the National Engineering Register and via Chartered status; valuable networking opportunities; global mobility through our International Accords; entry into our Awards Program; leadership and advocacy opportunities; management and leadership achievements being recognised through the Engineering Executive (EngExec) postnominal; and, access to an exclusive Member Rewards program among other benefits.
Start your membership today and enjoy the benefits of being part of a global engineering community.
Engineers Australia Queensland is located at Level 9, 340 Adelaide Street, Brisbane.
This modern space has been designed for members, volunteers and Engineers Australia staff to collaborate, network and learn.
Our members have access to a number of unique features including:
- Twin-use auditorium for CPD events
- Member-only lounge, including kitchen facilities
- Pre-function area for networking
- Seating booths (individual and group) for meetings and individual work
The best parking and public transport options to the office are as follows:
|Wilson Parking||340 Adelaide Street||From $5|
|Secure Parking Post Office Square Car Park||223-235 Adelaide Street||From $5|
|Wilson Parking||363 Adelaide Street||From $5|
|Care Park||344 Queen Street||From $15|
|Cornerstone Parking||313 Adelaide Street||From $9.00|
|Option||Distance from office|
|Bus||Adelaide Street Stop 29 near Wharf Street, Brisbane City|
|Central Station (train)||350m (approx. six minute walk)|
|Riverside Ferry Terminal||300m (approx. five minute walk)|
|City Hopper||Free inner city ferry services (head towards North Quay, towards Sydney Street)|
|CityCat ferry||Head towards UQ St Lucia, towards Northshore Hamilton|
|Inner-city Cross River Ferry||Head towards Howard Smith Wharves or towards Holman Street|
If you have any questions, contact [email protected]
Stakeholder Engagement Manager
Member Engagement Manager
Member Engagement Officer
Group Engagement Officer
Division committee 2022 update
The functions of a Division Committee are to:
- Provide leadership and direction to members in the Division
- Liaise with Colleges and technical societies in respect of Engineers Australia’s learned society functions
- Assist the Board with the delivery of national programs
- Initiate and support local programs to provide improved services to members in the Division and to appeal to new members
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Board on matters relating to its role within the Division
- Facilitate communication between Division members and the Board
- Represent Engineers Australia in public forums and media opportunities
- Engage in high level consultation with the Division General Manager on the resourcing of Division activities
- Provide or arrange programs to engage the local community and promote the profession of engineering practice
Marie Gales, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
Joint Deputy President
Joseph Tam, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
Joint Deputy President
Robert Hoffman, MIEAust CPEng NER
Immediate Past President
Suzanne Burow, FIEAust CPEng NER
Helen Fairweather, FIEAust CPEng NER
Andrew Reid, FIEAust CPEng NER
Brooke Velischek MIEAust CPEng NER
Tara Herley MIEAust CPEng NER
Engineers Australia's groups, Colleges and Technical Societies play an integral role in setting the professional standards and providing continuing professional development (CPD) for all members from the full range of engineering occupations and career stages.
As knowledge sharing platforms, these groups provide the opportunity for engineers to give back to, become involved in, and connect with their local engineering community.
Find out more about Engineers Australia's Communities and Groups that includes Colleges, Technical Societies, Special Interest Groups, National Committees Communities of Practice, Awards, Focus Lecture Series, Standards Australia, Publications.
Engineers Australia plays an important role in recognising and celebrating engineering excellence and the contribution engineering makes to our communities. Our Award Programs identify, recognise and reward outstanding achievement, eminence in the practice of engineering and conspicuous service to the profession.
Engineers Australia offers a range of national awards, medals and scholarships, which highlight contributions to various areas of engineering.
Engineers Australia is pledged to the engineering profession, its practitioners and its proponents. We are committed to guiding and assisting all engineers, including students of all levels pursuing a future in engineering.
It is never too early for a student to learn and apply themselves to the goal of attending university for an engineering degree. Curious, inventive children are driven by creativity and aptitude, supported by devoted parents and guided by talented educators. Our goal is to provide a third point of inspiration and direction for future engineers, backing the efforts of their studies and the support of their families and schools.
340 Adelaide Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
PO Box 864
Spring Hill QLD 4004
Phone and email
Toll Free 1300 653 113
Here is how you can contact us http://www.engineersaustralia.or.au/Contact-Us
For specific enquiries relating to division matters, you can contact us at [email protected]
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Should you wish to speak directly with a staff member, please call the toll free number above and ask for them by name.