The South Australia Division within the Adelaide office serves the engineering community in South Australia and is led collaboratively by a General Manager and a Division Committee comprising local volunteer members.
Local staff deliver on Engineers Australia’s strategic agenda including:
- Supporting and initiating educational STEM programs and groups, engaging with careers advisors in high schools to broaden discussions around engineering, and shaping policy in the STEM area; contributing to the ACT’s energy policy; and, supporting the National Engineering Register.
- Facilitating technical presentations, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) sessions and workshops.
- Policy launch events, engineering heritage endeavours, formally acknowledging / recognising engineers who have served the profession and attained, Chartered, Fellow and EngExec, and recognising and rewarding outstanding local individual engineers and projects through our prestigious Awards Program.
Engineers Australia members benefit from access to world-class CPD and technical resources; career services; the recognition they receive on the National Engineering Register and via Chartered status; valuable networking opportunities; global mobility through our International Accords; entry into our Awards Program; leadership and advocacy opportunities; management and leadership achievements being recognised through the Engineering Executive (EngExec) postnominal; and, access to an exclusive Member Rewards program among other benefits.
Start your membership today and enjoy the benefits of being part of a global engineering community.
Member Engagement Manager
Member Engagement Officer
The functions of a Division Committee are to:
- Provide leadership and direction to members in the Division.
- Liaise with Colleges and technical societies in respect of Engineers Australia’s learned society functions.
- Assist the Board with the delivery of national programs.
- Initiate and support local programs to provide improved services to members in the Division and to appeal to new members .
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Board on matters relating to its role within the Division.
- Facilitate communication between Division members and the Board.
- Represent Engineers Australia in public forums and media opportunities.
- Engage in high level consultation with the Division General Manager on the resourcing of Division activities.
- Provide or arrange programs to engage the local community and promote the profession of engineering practice.
The current South Australian Division Committee consists of the following members:
Lachlan Kinnear, MIEAust
Deputy President and National Congress Representative 2019/20
Michael Scott MIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Immediate Past President
Niki Robinson FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Gordan Lesicar, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Andrew Meyer, MIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Sanu Rajanbabu, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Greg Stevens, GradIEAust
Michael Poynter, FIEAust CPEng EngExec APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Adam Greaves, MIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Graham Davies, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Dominic Burnet, GradIEAust
Dr Helen Edmonds, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
Katharine Ward, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Dr Neil Mackenzie, FIEAust CPEng EngExec APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Engineers Australia's groups, Colleges and Technical Societies play an integral role in setting the professional standards and providing continuing professional development (CPD) for all members from the full range of engineering occupations and career stages.
As knowledge sharing platforms, these groups provide the opportunity for engineers to give back to, become involved in, and connect with their local engineering community.
Find out more about Engineers Australia's Communities and Groups that includes Colleges, Technical Societies, Special Interest Groups, National Committees Communities of Practice, Awards, Focus Lecture Series, Standards Australia, Publications.
Engineers Australia plays an important role in recognising and celebrating engineering excellence and the contribution engineering makes to our communities. Our Award Programs identify, recognise and reward outstanding achievement, eminence in the practice of engineering and conspicuous service to the profession.
Engineers Australia offers a range of national awards, medals and scholarships, which highlight contributions to various areas of engineering.
The Adelaide office has many well-appointed meeting rooms, providing ideal facilities for your meeting room needs. Conveniently located in the CBD, all meeting rooms are modern and comfortable, fully carpeted, and equipped with heating and air conditioning.
Please note: rooms are available Monday - Friday from 9.00am - 8.00pm. Rooms are not available for hire on Saturdays and Sundays.
Meeting room hire information: 2018-19 Meeting Room & Equipment Hire Charges
To request information about availability, please contact the Adelaide office: [email protected]
Level 11, 108 King William Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Phone and Email
Phone: Toll Free 1300 653 113
Fax: +61 8 8211 7702
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Should you wish to speak directly with a staff member, please call the toll free number above and ask for them by name.