Nomination is a mandatory requirement for GTVP applicants, and that can include nomination by an Australian organisation.
Engineers Australia may consider nominating candidates who have proved to be highly skilled engineering professionals.
Who can be nominated by Engineers Australia?
A list of priority sectors has been identified by the Department of Home Affairs. Engineers Australia may consider nominating candidates in these target sectors who fulfill requirements and can provide evidence of their excellence.
If you complete a self-assessment and are eligible for GTVP nomination assessment, you can apply to Engineers Australia to support your nomination.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to apply for the GTVP, you must:
- Prove you are internationally recognised, with evidence of outstanding achievements.
- Still be prominent in your field of expertise.
- Provide evidence that you would be an asset to Australia, in your area of expertise.
- Have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in your field
- Have a recognised organisation or individual in Australia in the same field as you endorse you as global talent.
Places are also available to certain PhD students who can demonstrate exceptional talent and international recognition.
How do I apply for nomination?
There are three-steps to the GTVP nomination assessment:
- Self-assessment for eligibility
- Application submission
- Application assessment and nomination
If you meet the criteria outlined above and have all the required documentation, you can apply for a nomination assessment.
What documents do I need?
There are four main categories of documents that you will need to submit with your application:
- Immigration assistance authorisation, if applicable
- Personal information
- Educational qualifications
- Achievement statement and supporting evidence
For more information about the documentation required, view the Guide to Engineers Australia's Nomination Assessment (PDF)
How much does it cost?
The fee for GTVP nomination assessment is $810 excl. GST for overseas applicants and $891 incl. GST for applicants residing in Australia. It is payable on submission of your application.
The fee is non-refundable if your GTVP nomination application is unsuccessful.
About the GTVP Program
The Global Talent Visa Program (also known as the Global Talent Independent (GTI) Program) is administered by the Australian Department of Home Affairs. It is a streamlined visa pathway for highly skilled professionals to work and live permanently in Australia.
The GTVP seeks to attract the brightest and best global talent to work in future focused sectors to help grow Australia’s innovation and technology economies.